Forum Marketing – Use Forum Marketing Effectively
Use Forum Marketing Effectively For Website Traffic
Using forum marketing is a great way to get FREE traffic to your website.
Using forums effectively to get traffic to your website/squeeze is very important. They are also a great way to see what topics are in demand so you can create a product to help your business.
You can submit an article, blog post, write an eBook, etc… Everyone should implement forum marketing to get traffic to their website/squeeze page. If you don’t use forums you are missing out on really good FREE targeted traffic. You can really build your list fast using online/internet forums.
If you are serious about wanting to promote your website on the Internet, then going via forums available is the best option for you. They are easy to join and require no additional monetary deposit to be a member. Moreover, being a storehouse of information and accessible to anyone, they are an ideal way to go about advertising your web page.
These serve as social networking centers, where topics are discussed and information exchanged. Hence if one can search out a forum where discussions held are relevant to ones own product or field, then his chances of getting his website noticed and popularized would be more. So that should be the first step towards establishing your identity on the Internet.But remember as it is with all kinds of marketing…finesse is everything.
Do not over do anything in your enthusiasm. It is best to act calm and not seem like you are desperate to market your product. Such over eagerness is often the most sure shot way of offending customer sensibility, leading to possible bans against your website with the allegation of spamming.
It is therefore better to leave frequent yet understated messages informing and providing information of value regarding topics close to your product. So go and read the threads posted on the forum, figure out how best you can respond to queries and do that.
This is will help you build a customer base as soon as people on the forum trust you to be helpful and genuine. Once that is done, all you have to do is subtly lead them to your website and that is that.
This is an easy and profitable option for you because it is absolutely free and targeting a certain niche clientele is very easy. But try and avoid promoting your website on irrelevant platforms as it might hamper your reputation. So do it casually and always follow up and inquire about whether the directed person found your website helpful or not.
This is a great way to get feedback, which will help to improve your site, build client rapport, and woo new customers towards your site with a show of attentiveness to their likes and dislikes. But finally the most important think to keep in mind that though beneficial for marketing, these platforms are for discussion not sales. So be subtle and it will be a smooth sailing for you.
Again, this is where you market your business through online discussion groups. First you join a forum and start adding posts to the discussions. You are though not allowed to advertise or market directly through your posts, this is called spamming. You need to remember this.
The following are the five benefits of forum marketing.
1. Always remember when you are posting you are helping out someone. It is a great felling when you are of any help to the other person. If you are a believer of the law of when you give you always receive something then online forum marketing is the place for you.
2. You get to learn a lot for free. When I started this website I never felt the urge to post. I only read other people’s posts. I hung out in the Warrior Forum and learned a lot which helped me grow the business.
3. You’ll get free advertising from your signature profile. People read your posts and view your signature profile and click on the link for your website. This type of traffic is very passive and a great source of sales.
4. Search engines give you credit for a back-link when you hyperlink your keyword phrase back to your website from other internet websites. Do a Google search and you will get a large list of forums and discussion groups. Find the few which have any form of relevance with your business.
5. One other huge benefit is that you can acquire ideas on which to write articles about by going through the different kind of questions people ask. A good question usually stimulates a lot of discussion. Such questions can be made into good articles.
Forums can make your online business get noticed. Forum users, by and large, are tech and net-savvy and like purchasing things online. Many forum frequenters are also authorities in the topics discussed in the forum.
This helps make a good impression in front of a knowledgeable and influential audience, which can help spread word all over.
What follows is a step-by-step guide that will tell you how to effectively make forum marketing a part of your marketing strategy.
Not all forums host the people you want to communicate with. You have to choose a set of 5-10 popular internet forums to concentrate your energies on. Ensure that these forums have at least 10,000 posts from at least 1,000 members; that there are at least 10-15 new posts every day.
Avoid forums which are hosted by your direct competitors; and those which are flooded by spam.
Create your accounts as soon as possible. This is helpful because seniority is given a lot of importance in most online forums: some even require you to wait a few days before posting for the first time.
When you sign up, you’ll be asked to agree to their user agreements and posting guidelines. Read these documents carefully. Click yes but be sure to take a few minutes to read.
A lot of people skip this and just click yes, because there is a lot of legal jargon. But some important things to look for are:
• Are you allowed to include links in your posts?
• Can you promote your business?
• Can you use commercial messages as your signature?
• Can you contact other members for business purposes?
• Are there restrictions on new and privileges for old members?
• Your user name is the first thing that will be noticed. Pick one that’s memorable, simple and can be easily pronounced. You might want to use your real name and/or the name of your company. Do not use random combinations of letters and/or numbers, or something that’s significant to you and you alone..
Create a profile that will help you establish credibility. Put up a description of your experience and expertise. Personal information can help break the ice, but don’t venture into topics that can alienate anyone, like race or religion or political affiliation.
Remember, reading the rules before joining is absolutely crucial, and comprises the first rule in your success The rules are posted right in the beginning under the guidelines or general discussion category and are not too detailed or tedious.
They simply ban or disapprove of any kind of aggressive self promotion which may offend the sensibilities of the other members. But the degree of strictness in implementing these rules differs from site to site, so checking beforehand is the safest way not to get yourself in trouble.
Remember you are a fellow member who has joined because you like the sound of the topics being discussed in it, you are not supposed to be there to market yourself. Do not start singing your own praises and that of your website and product the moment you enter, especially without context.
Above all, treat forum marketing as an integral part of your long-term strategy, not just a one-off opportunity to bombard the message-boards with information about your hot new product.
To Your Success,
Originally posted 2016-12-28 14:37:08. Republished by Blog Post Promoter